We invite you for endocrinological and cardiological consultations with Dorota Cholewinska.
The Doctor is a very experienced specialist in endocrinology and cardiology and has been working at the Medical University of Gdansk for many years.http://drpernak.pl/wp-admin/post.php?post=29&action=edit
In our Clinic not only will you get the help of a specialist, but you will also get comprehensive ultrasound examinations performed, ECG and laboratory tests needed to make a proper diagnosis.
In order to make an appointment please call the following number +48 500 600 502.
Consultation cost: 120 PLN.
We offer a wide range of ultrasound examinations:
In addition to plastic surgery and aesthetic medicine treatments, we offer a wide range of ultrasound examinations in our Clinic.
Below you will find details about the ultrasound examinations we perform. It is worth to get familiarized in order to choose the type of examination tailored to your needs.
Abdominal ultrasound and Doppler vascular ultrasound within the abdominal cavity
Ultrasound examination (abdominal ultrasound) is the most popular, easily available and widely used method in diagnosing abdominal diseases.
Ultrasound is completely safe, painless and there are no contraindications as to frequency of its execution, it can be carried out at short intervals.
Ultrasound examination does not require complicated preparation, it gives the opportunity to quickly assess the condition of the abdominal organs and make a diagnosis already during the examination.
The biggest obstacle in the correct assessment of the abdominal organs is presence of food and gas in the stomach, duodenum and intestines.
The most important diagnostic points:
- liver, bladder and bile ducts (assessment of the shape, size, structure of the parenchyma and intrahepatic vessels, presence of focal lesions in the liver, e.g. cysts, tumors, abscesses);
- gallbladder (examination of presence of stones, tumors, acute and chronic inflammation);
- pancreas (examination of cysts, cancers and acute or chronic inflammation);
- spleen (size assessment, parenchyma structure, pathological or post-traumatic changes of the organ, e.g. cysts, calcifications, abscesses);
- gastrointestinal tract (assessment of shape, size and examination of pathological changes within: stomach, duodenum, small and large intestine);
- kidneys and adrenal glands (assessment of the regularity of shape, size, recognition of congenital defects and kidney disorders, presence of tumor lesions, stones, stagnation of the urine (hydronephrosis);
- retroperitoneal blood vessels (pathologies of the abdominal aorta, aneurysms, patency of veins);
- intestine and lymph nodes (examination of pathological changes).
Preparing for the examination, unless otherwise recommended by the doctor:
- the test should be carried out on an empty stomach – at least 6 hours before the test you cannot eat anything, it is allowed to drink non-carbonated water
- do not chew gum or smoke cigarettes
- patients taking medications – take drinking still water, however not later than 1 hour before the examination
- Patients with a tendency to flatulence – should sustain digestible diet already two days before the examination – a day before the examination, one should take Simetigast Forte, 1 capsule in the evening and 1 capsule in the morning on the day of the examination or Espumisan 3 times a day, 3 to 4 capsules (anti-flatulence medication – available in a pharmacy without a prescription).
One should (if possible) bring the results of previous ultrasound examinations of particular area or the results of other examinations – regarding this problem.
The examination is painless and there are no contraindications to its performance (even during pregnancy).
Breast ultrasound examination does not require any preparation and can be performed at any stage of the menstrual cycle, unless the physician indicated otherwise (in this case, the examination should be performed in the indicated phase of the cycle).
Only in case of women who complain of breast tenderness before menses, it is recommended to do this examination in the first half of the cycle.
The results of previous ultrasound and mammography examinations must be brought to the examination.
In regular circumstances, the examination is painless and there are no contraindications to its performance (even during pregnancy or breastfeeding).
Ultrasound examination of the thyroid – the simplest imaging of the thyroid. It is a painless examination that allows assessment of the thyroid gland and other structures on the neck (such as lymph nodes, blood vessels). The examination assesses the structure, organ dimensions and in case of focal lesions – structure (solid lump, cyst), as well as location and possibly vessel infiltration.
The test does not require any preparation. One should (if possible) bring the results of previous ultrasound examinations or the results of thyroid scintigraphy. It is also recommended to bring thyroid hormone and TSH test results (if performed).
The examination is painless and there are no contraindications to its performance.
Doppler ultrasound of peripheral vessels
Doppler ultrasound is an examination using the so-called Doppler effect. This test is irreplaceable in the diagnosis of cardiovascular system disorders and assessment of its patency. During the examination, the doctor analyzes the changes in the frequency of the sound wave reflecting off a mobile obstacle which in the human body essentially means the blood. The behavior of blood flow in arterial and venous vessels (changes in velocity) reflects the internal state of the vessels and is subject to thorough medical analysis.
The test does not require any preparation. One should (if possible) bring the results of previous ultrasound examinations of particular area. The examination is painless and there are no contraindications to its performance.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the entire offer of Dr. Pernak’s office. In addition to ultrasound examinations, you may also undergo treatments in the field of aesthetic medicine and plastic surgery. Among our specialists you will also find qualified dentists, who will help you with problems related to teeth.